Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
Labels: birthday cake
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Sunday, June 7, 2009
An Old-Fashioned Education in Seeing
I've been fighting against the inefficient route of overshooting. Here are some things I've done to edify myself:
- Only shooting in manual mode
- Using a 50 mm lens -- it doesn't zoom, so I have to get close or walk back
- Sometimes I experiment with different ISOs and shutter speeds on the same subject
- 1 GB memory card -- If I can't get it right in a mere 90 frames, I'd never
- I must be able to answer "What am I trying to say?"
- If you have any other suggestions, let me know
This post was inspired by a great moment-catcher in the respectable medium of film.