Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Holiday-Season Highlights

Olive-oil cookies I made with this oil, orange zest and grated cinnamon. Based on Mark Bittman's recipe in "How to Cook Everything", without the eggs and savory spices. They are 1 inch in diameter, crunchy and not too sweet.

Two-year-old and her blocks.

I made these for a holiday cookie party. It's Isa Chandra Moskowitz's recipe, but I used olive oil instead of canola oil.

Tiger Lily being lonely at the holiday cookie party.

My fourth-grade class learned to make delicious candy-cane cookies. I can still taste them all these years later. These candy-cane cookies, however, turned out terribly because I experimented with coconut oil and I worked the dough too much. It was too much work trying to wrap red dough around white dough that I didn't bother giving it a second try.

A great gift of raisins from California via Atlanta. Note she addressed it to Julie H. Brad. :D

My work packaged these gift boxes for employees. $88 worth of high-end food products. And only two items weren't vegan friendly.

A fitting stamp from the raisin sender. It looks like Brad!

Vegan nog cookies from "Vegan Cookie Connoisseur" turned out very well for Christmas Eve. Delicate texture and soft crunchy bottoms, topped with sweet rum icing. Mmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home